Hafiz Abdul Rahman Makki
Place of Birth: Bahawalpur, Punjab, Pakistan;
Religion: Sunni Islam;
Makki has played a role in raising funds for LeT. In early 2007, he gave approximately $248,000 to an LeT training camp and approximately $165,000 to an LeT-affiliated madrassa.
As of late 2008, Makki was reported to be head of Lashkar-e-Taiba’s (LeT’s) political affairs department and served as head of LeT’s foreign relations department. He is the brother-in-law of Hafiz Muhammad Saeed.
Makki is second in command of Jamat ud Dawah (JuD), a welfare Islamic organization of Ahl-e-Hadith, dedicated to install Islamist rule of law and governance in Pakistan.
Makki is popular in Pakistan for his anti-India speeches. One, that he gave in 2010, is counted among the most disturbing. Eight days before the German Bakery blast in Pune, he delivered a speech at Muzaffarabad where he had said that three Indian cities, including Pune, were likely to be targeted.
Between 2012 and 2013, Makki worked with Sarwar, and in early 2013, he asked Sarwar for money to pay for his travel within Pakistan.
- Hafiz Khalid Walid Walid has been a member of Lashkar e-Tayyiba (LeT) central… [+]
- Jamaat-ud-Dawa Jamaat-ud-Dawa (JuD) is listed as an alias of the proscribed… [+]
- Muhammad Sarwar Sarwar has been a senior LeT official in Lahore for… [+]
- Hafiz Muhammad Saeed Saeed is wanted for multiple terrorist incidents. India considers him… [+]
- Lashkar-e-Taiba Lashkar-e-Taiba is one of the largest and most active terrorist… [+]
■■■■ See Full List ▸
We fight against terrorists and their supporters. LLL releases entities who are connected in any way to a particular terrorist group or agenda. Support us in this fight for better and free world. Live And Let Live | Global Fight Against Terrorism Funding - Less Money, Less Terror.