Place of Birth: India;
Abdullah Basith, arrested by the National Investigation Agency for his alleged links with Islamic State terror modules, was in regular touch with Matin Azizi-Yarand, a US teen who was arrested by the FBI in May 2018.
Basith was earlier arrested by Telangana police in 2015, from the Nagpur airport. But after his release he created an Instagram group in which Islamic State sympathisers from Australia, US and Khorasan were members.
After his arrest and subsequent release on bail, Basith started associating himself with alleged Islamic State activities through Instagram and other social media platforms.
Basith was in constant touch with Matin Aziz, who regularly posted articles related to Islamic State. Basith created an Instagram group ‘Musaib bhai’, using which he searched for pro-Islamic State groups.
Investigations also revealed that Basith used at least five mobile phones to dodge security agencies, from the time he was released on bail and till he was arrested in August 2018 by NIA.
He threw the mobile which he used to contact his family members, in the garbage box of a Delhi bound train, when he ran away from home.
He then used another phone procured to him by one of his associates Syed Omer Farooq, but burnt the device after knowing that his associates in Delhi were arrested.
A few weeks before the arrest, he informed his handlers that he was leaving home ‘to wage violent jihad’ and went to Delhi.
In July 2018, Basith’s handler Huzaifa Bakistani gave one telegram id “C” of Delhi and directed him to deposit Rs 50,000 to procure weapons.
Basith deposited Rs 49,000 and informed Hufaiza, who in turn directed three Delhi boys to collect the weapon from “C” and handover to Basith.
But in the process, the Delhi boys were nabbed, due to which Basith returned home and deactivated all his social media accounts and burnt the mobile which he was using to contact his handlers.
Also to mention that Basith had created an Instagram account called ‘Musaib bhai’, using which he searched for pro-Islamic State groups in the platform.
It was also revealed that Basith used at least five mobile phones to dodge security agencies.
- Matin Azizi-Yarand Matin Azizi-Yarand is a former Plano high school student was sentenced...[+]
- Islamic State ISIS is an Islamic extremist terrorist organization controlling territory in Iraq...[+]
- Islamic State operative caught by the NIA in Delhi used Bitcoins to fund terrorism activities The National Investigation Agency (NIA) has claimed in a charge sheet...[+]
- National Investigation Agency arrested two from Tamil Nadu and Karnataka for funding travel of Islamic State recruits to Syria The National Investigation Agency (NIA) has arrested two men from Tamil...[+]
- Two suspects held by the NIA linked to Hyderabad Islamic State operative A Hyderabad-angle has emerged in the NIA arrest of two Pune...[+]
We fight against terrorists and their supporters. LLL releases entities who are connected in any way to a particular terrorist group or agenda. Support us in this fight for better and free world. Live And Let Live | Global Fight Against Terrorism Funding - Less Money, Less Terror.