Born: 19 June 1951;
Place of Birth: Maadi, Cairo, Kingdom of Egypt;
Birth name: Ayman Mohammed Rabie al-Zawahiri;
Passport: 1084010 (Egypt); alt. 19820215;
Rank: General Emir of Al-Qaeda;
1. Egyptian Islamic Jihad (1980–1998);
2. Al-Qaeda (1988–present);
Religion: Islam (Salafism/Jihadism).
Known also as: Aiman Muhammad Rabi Al-Zawahiri; Ayman Al-Zawahiri; Ahmad Fuad Salim.
By the age of 14, al-Zawahiri had joined the Muslim Brotherhood. The following year the Egyptian government executed Qutb for conspiracy, and al-Zawahiri, along with four other secondary school students, helped form an “underground cell devoted to overthrowing the government and establishing an Islamist state.”
Ayman worked in the medical field as a surgeon. As a reportedly qualified surgeon, when his organization merged with bin Laden’s al-Qaeda, he became bin Laden’s personal advisor and physician. They first met in Jeddah in 1986. His cell eventually merged with others to form al-Jihad or Egyptian Islamic Jihad.
His brother, Muhammad al-Zawahiri, was sent to the Balkans by his older brother in 1993. Ayman al-Zawahiri sent Muhammad to meet with Alija Izetbegović, commander of the 3rd Corps of the Army of the Republic of Bosnia and Herzegovina, along with senior staff officers attached and religious leaders, to check the Islamisation of the Bosnian Army and the funds received for the mujahedeen fighters in Bosnia.
Ayman is leader of al-Qaeda and member or senior official of Islamist organizations which have orchestrated and carried out attacks in North America, Asia, Africa, and the Middle East. In 2012, he called on Muslims to kidnap Western tourists in Muslim countries.
- Al-Qaeda leader calls the Islamic countries supporting the Middle East Peace Deal as ‘Slaves of the West’ On the occasion of 19th anniversary of 9/11, the Al-Sahab… [+]
- Al Qaeda terrorist group still active in twelve Afghan provinces The Al Qaeda terror group is still active in 12… [+]
- Islamic State claims that al-Qaeda started a war in West Africa The Islamic State claims in the latest edition of its… [+]
- Tariq Abdelhaleem Tariq Abdul Haleem is an Egyptian Islamist cleric residing in… [+]
- Egyptian Islamic Jihad The Egyptian Islamic Jihad (EIJ), formerly called simply Islamic Jihad… [+]
■■■■ See Full List ▸
We fight against terrorists and their supporters. LLL releases entities who are connected in any way to a particular terrorist group or agenda. Support us in this fight for better and free world. Live And Let Live | Global Fight Against Terrorism Funding - Less Money, Less Terror.