Nationality: Moroccan, Belgian (in October 2018 stripped of his Belgian citizenship);
Fouad Belkacem, with dual Belgian and Moroccan citizenship, was the spokesman of the organisation and was inspired by UK-based Islamist Anjem Choudary. Also known by the alias “Abu Imran”, he repeatedly made controversial comments, and stated he had been praying for Osama bin Laden.
When Belkacem was invited to the 2012 Global Shariah Conference, organised by the radical Islamic movement Sharia4Holland, the Party for Freedom asked ministers Ivo Opstelten and Gerd Leers to treat Belkacem as persona non grata.
Belkacem has a criminal record for burglary and resisting arrest and was sentenced in 2002, 2004 and 2007. In 2012, he was re-sentenced in Antwerp to two years’ imprisonment for incitement of hatred towards non-Muslims. Morocco was seeking his extradition in connection with the drug trade.
Belkacem was arrested on the morning of 7 June 2012, and he was sentenced in Morocco for possession of illegal drugs.
On 11 February 2015, Belkacem was sentenced to 12 years imprisonment in Belgium. In October 2018, he was stripped of his Belgian citizenship.
- Sharia 4 Belgium Sharia4Belgium was a Belgian radical Salafist organisation which called for Belgium...[+]
- Hicham Chaib Hicham Chaib was one of the leaders of the terrorist group...[+]
- Anjem Choudary In 1999, when The Sunday Telegraph identified him as having been...[+]
- Belgian Islamist leader Fouad Belkacem loses his citizenship Jailed Islamist Fouad Belkacem, whose group Sharia4Belgium sent dozens of jihadists...[+]
- Islamic State chief executioner threatened with further attacks on the West A chilling new ISIS video has emerged of the terror group's...[+]
- Belgian terrorist group recruiter Fouad Belkacem sentenced to 12 years in prison The leader of a Belgian group that's accused of recruiting locals...[+]
We fight against terrorists and their supporters. LLL releases entities who are connected in any way to a particular terrorist group or agenda. Support us in this fight for better and free world. Live And Let Live | Global Fight Against Terrorism Funding - Less Money, Less Terror.