Al-Furqan Foundation Welfare Trust
1. House Number 56, E. Canal Road, University Town, Peshawar, Pakistan;
2. Near old Badar Hospital in University Town, Peshawar, Pakistan;
3. Chinar Road, University Town, Peshawar, Pakistan;
Since its establishment in the mid-2000s, Al-Furqan, alias Al-Turaz Trust, has provided funding and other support to terrorist organizations such as al-Qaida, the Taliban, and Lashkar-e-Tayyiba. Al-Furqan also has provided funding and other support to terrorist facilitator Shaykh Aminullah.
Revival of Islamic Heritage Society (RIHS) branches in Pakistan and Afghanistan (RIHS-Pakistan) changed its name to Al-Furqan after the United States and the UN designated Afghan Support Committee (ASC) and RIHS-Pakistan, for funding al-Qaida.
Al-Furqan was affiliated with and received direct support from RIHS headquarters in Kuwait. In October 2013, a poster on RIHS’s website depicted RIHS development projects in Pakistan that displayed the emblem of Al-Furqan, suggesting that RIHS was conducting its activities in Pakistan through Al-Furqan. In February 2014, an RIHS social media website depicted another RIHS development project in Pakistan featuring the Al-Furqan emblem.
Al-Furqan is a charitable organization that is a major conduit of financial and material support for terrorist groups and their activities in Pakistan and Afghanistan, in some cases under the guise of humanitarian work. As of November 2013, Al-Furqan was providing funding for the Ganj Madrassa, which was controlled by al-Qaida facilitator Shaykh Aminullah. Al-Furqan was used to manage financial transactions between individuals in the Gulf and Pakistan in support of the Afghan insurgent movement led by Shaykh Aminullah. Afghan insurgent money managers gained access to funds through Al-Furqan with a special note written by Shaykh Aminullah.
As of mid-2014, Al-Furqan’s management provided tens of thousands of U.S. dollars to Lashkar-e-Tayyiba leadership. Some of this money was obtained as a result of Al-Furqan’s revenue streams from individuals in the Gulf. As of November 2013, Al-Furqan’s management was affiliated with an Afghan insurgent organization that coordinated militant activities with Lashkar-e-Tayyiba. Al-Furqan as of November 2013 has provided aid shipments for unspecified projects in Kashmir, which were delivered under the protection of Lashkar-e-Tayyiba. As of January 2011, Al-Furqan financed two Pakistan-based madrassa directors who fought for Lashkar-e-Tayyiba, sent madrasa students to fight for Lashkar-e-Tayyiba in Afghanistan, and used Al-Furqan’s funding to stage cross-border attacks in Afghanistan. As of August 2014, Al-Furqan was used to transfer funding on behalf of al-Qaida from sources in the Gulf.
- Abdul Aziz Nuristani Nuristani has led the Peshawar, Pakistan-based Jamia Asariya Madrassa for… [+]
- Afghan Support Committee The Afghan Support Committee (ASC) is a non-governmental organization established… [+]
- Revival of Islamic Heritage Society The Revival of Islamic Heritage Society (RIHS) is a Kuwaiti-based… [+]
- Jamia Asariya Madrassa For several years, organizations including Lashkar-e-Tayyiba (LT) and Al-Akhtar Trust… [+]
- Ganj Madrassa Under Shaykh Aminullah’s leadership, the Ganj Madrassa has trained and… [+]
■■■■ See Full List ▸
We fight against terrorists and their supporters. LLL releases entities who are connected in any way to a particular terrorist group or agenda. Support us in this fight for better and free world. Live And Let Live | Global Fight Against Terrorism Funding - Less Money, Less Terror.