Hassan El Hajj Hassan
Place of Birth: Lebanon;
Nationality: Lebanese, Canadian;
Hassan El Hajj Hassan is a Lebanese-Canadian national, guilty of involvement as accomplice in the terrorist attack at the city of Burgas’s airport, in Bulgaria’s southeast, on July 18, 2012.
He is convicted and sentenced in absentia by the Bulgarian Special Criminal Court to life in prison for his role in aiding a suicide bomber who blew up a bus at the Burgas Airport.
The bombing killed five Israeli tourists and a Bulgarian driver at the country’s second-largest airport. In the attack, a man of dual Lebanese-French citizenship blew up a bomb in a backpack he was carrying close to a bus at the airport. The attacker, identified as Mohamad Hassan El Husseini, was killed in the attack.
Prosecutors in the case charged that El-Hajj entered the country months before the assault using fake documents and provided explosives including logistical support to the bomber. He was able to flee the country to an unknown destination.
El-Hajj used forged identification cards printed in Lebanon and the attackers had family links to Hezbollah terrorist group. Also, the bomb used in the assault contained ammonium nitrate which has previously been used by Hezbollah terrorist group.
The Bulgarian Chief prosecutor said last month evidence also showed Hezbollah provided financial and logistical backing for the attack.
However, due to the vast support network Hezbollah and the IRGC enjoy across Europe and the Middle East, it is unlikely he will ever be extradited to face his sentence in Bulgaria.
- Meliad Farah Meliad Farah is a Lebanese-Australian national, who is guilty of involvement...[+]
- Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps The Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) is a branch of Iran's...[+]
- Hezbollah Hezbollah is a Shi’a Islamist militant group and political party based...[+]
- New IRA links confirm Hezbollah’s growing terror threat in Europe The latest allegations that senior representatives of Lebanon’s Hezbollah militia met...[+]
- Two Lebanese men get life sentences in Bulgaria over 2012 Israeli bus bombing A Bulgarian court on Monday sentenced two Lebanese men in their...[+]
We fight against terrorists and their supporters. LLL releases entities who are connected in any way to a particular terrorist group or agenda. Support us in this fight for better and free world. Live And Let Live | Global Fight Against Terrorism Funding - Less Money, Less Terror.