Indonesian police say three Indonesians supporting Islamic State terrorist group reside in Syria
Article RadarTHIS ARTICLE CONNECT:
- Muhammad Dandi Adhiguna Muhammad Dandi Adhiguna provided assistance to Dwi Dahlia Sustani, including for...[+]
- Ari Kardian Ari Kardian has been an Islamic State facilitator, who was previously...[+]
- Rudi Heryadi In mid-2019, Rudi Heryadi advised an extremist associate about potential travel...[+]
- Dwi Dahlia Sustani Dwi Dahlia Sustani has been an Islamic State financial facilitator and...[+]
- Islamic State ISIS is an Islamic extremist terrorist organization controlling territory in Iraq...[+]
The Indonesian Police stated that it strongly believed that three Indonesian nationals sanctioned by the United States Department of Treasury for participating in funding the Islamic State or ISIS group were in Syria.
They are Dwi Dahlia Susanti, Dini Ramadani, and Muhammad Dandi Adhiguna.
“[We] strongly believe that they are now in Syria,” said the National Police’s Head of the Public Relations Unit, Inspector General Dedi Prasetyo via a text message, Tuesday, May 10, 2022.
Dedi said Dahlia and Dini were allegedly in Syria according to their travel documents. Meanwhile, Adhiguna was highly suspected to be in Syria based on his father’s statement. Dedi also said the police had coordinated with Interpol.
Previously reported, the U.S. Department of the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) announced Monday that it sanctioned five Indonesians accused of playing a key role in conducting financial transfers to support ISIS in its activities. The other two people are Rudi Heryadi and Ari Kardian.
Any property or assets they have in the U.S. were blocked and those who engage in certain transactions with the sanctioned people could receive secondary sanctions.
Dedi further confirmed that Ari had been released from prison after serving his 3-year imprisonment for facilitating the sending of people to Syria.
Meanwhile, Rudi Heryadi was released after serving 3 years and 6 months in prison. He was arrested after being deported from Syria.