Place of Birth: India;
Jahanzaib Sami is an Islamic State operative who had arranged a Bitcoin wallet address, through a British contact, on which he asked associates to deposit funds – the first documented allegation of the use of cryptocurrency in terror activity in India.
Sami and his wife Hina Bashir were arrested in Delhi on March 8 for allegedly planning to carry out attacks in India. He planned to carry out 100 bombing in a single day.
According to the charge sheet, they received the Bitcoin address on Threema, an instant messaging app, from an account called Caged Pearls, which belongs to a British woman based in Syria.
He also got in touch with a Libya-based Islamic State operative who possessed an ID ‘Sech Tech’, to discuss arranging funds through “blockchain technology”.
Cryptocurencies such as Bitcoins leverage a technology known as blockchain, a decentralised, distributed ledger that tracks transactions. These are anonymous and nearly impossible to track, and are commonly used in dark web transactions.
The charge sheet said Sami discussed the possibility of using this to source weapons and explosives raw material.
Sech Tech, a member of Islamic State’s intelligence and media unit, told Sami that he works in dark web and provides Bitcoins for funding of the outfit, the NIA said.
Also the couple, had been in touch with senior ISKP members in Afghanistan to exploit the ongoing agitation against the amended citizenship law to incite Muslim youth to carry out terror strikes.
- Hina Bashir Hina Bashir and her husband Jahanzaib Sami were arrested in Delhi...[+]
- Islamic State ISIS is an Islamic extremist terrorist organization controlling territory in Iraq...[+]
- Islamic State operative caught by the NIA in Delhi used Bitcoins to fund terrorism activities The National Investigation Agency (NIA) has claimed in a charge sheet...[+]
- Ophthalmologist from Bengaluru accused of furthering Islamic State cause arrested by the NIA Abdur Rahman, an ophthalmologist working in Bengaluru has been arrested in...[+]
- Woman arrested for having links to the Islamic State tests Covid-19 positive in NIA custody A suspected operative of terror group Islamic State - Hina Bashir...[+]
We fight against terrorists and their supporters. LLL releases entities who are connected in any way to a particular terrorist group or agenda. Support us in this fight for better and free world. Live And Let Live | Global Fight Against Terrorism Funding - Less Money, Less Terror.