Old website: www.jamatdawah.org (inactive);
Jamaat-ud-Dawa (JuD) is listed as an alias of the proscribed Lashkar-e-Taiba terror group.
On December 11, 2008, just two weeks after the Mumbai attack, the United Nations designated Jamaat-ud Dawa a terrorist organization. The attack lasted more than 60 hours and resulted in more than 170 innocent victims killed.
Jamaat-ud-Dawa has long been known to be a front for the Lashkar-e-Taiba. Saeed renamed the Lashkar-e-Taiba to Jamaat-ud-Dawa in 2002 after Lashkar was banned by the Pakistani government. Pakistan never acted against the Jamaat-ud-Dawa. Instead, Saeed and his leaders rebranded the group as a Muslim charity to mask the operations of Lashkar-e-Taiba.
The Jamaat-ud-Dawa has established an organization that rivals Lebanese Hezbollah.
The Jamaat-ud Dawa runs more than 500 madrassas and other schools throughout Pakistan, as well as scores of regional and local offices throughout the country.
Lashkar is active in fundraising across the Middle East and South Asia, and has recruited scores of Westerns to train in its camps. Jamaat-ud-Dawa actively fundraises on the Internet at its website.
- Pakistan court jailed Hafiz Saeed’s five aides in terror financing case A Pakistani anti-terrorism court has sentenced five leaders of Mumbai… [+]
- Two JuD leaders jailed for over 14 years each for terror financing An anti-terrorism court Monday handed down fourteen-and-a-half year jail each… [+]
- Pakistani Court sentenceed Hafiz Saeed’s two close aides to over 15 years in jail An anti-terrorism court in Pakistan has handed down more than… [+]
- Pakistani authorities sentenced two terrorists on terror-financing charges A Pakistani court has sentenced two alleged members of banned… [+]
- Court in Karachi sentences prayer leader to over 25 years in jail for funding Hafiz Saeed-led Jammat-ut-Dawa An anti-terrorism court in Karachi sentenced a prayer leader of… [+]
■■■■ See Full List ▸
We fight against terrorists and their supporters. LLL releases entities who are connected in any way to a particular terrorist group or agenda. Support us in this fight for better and free world. Live And Let Live | Global Fight Against Terrorism Funding - Less Money, Less Terror.