Place of Birth: Illinois, United States;
Joseph Jones, also known as Yusuf Abdulhaqq, is an Illinois man was sentenced to twelve years in prison for conspiring to provide material support to the Islamic State terrorist group.
He advocated on social media for violent extremism in support of the terrorist group. In 2015, Jones began meeting with undercover FBI employees and individuals who, unbeknownst to Jones, were cooperating with law enforcement.
During the meetings, Jones discussed his devotion to Islamic State and his commitment to Islamic State principles.
In 2017, Jones furnished cellular phones to one of the cooperating individuals, believing the phones would be used to detonate explosive devices in Islamic State attacks overseas.
On April 7, 2017, Jones drove with the cooperating individual to O’Hare International Airport in Chicago, with the understanding that the cooperating individual would be traveling to Syria to fight with Islamic State terrorist group.
A video was posted on Jones’ Google Plus profile entitled, ‘Some of the Deadly Stabbing Ways: Do not Forget to Poison the Knife,’ the complaint says.
Another time, a person in on the FBI sting asked Jones if he ever thought about traveling to Syria to live in Islamic State territory. Jones, who was also known as ‘Yusuf Abdulhaqq,’ allegedly answered: ‘Every night and day.’
- Eddie Schimenti Eddie Schimenti, also known as Abdul Wali, is an Illinois man...[+]
- Islamic State ISIS is an Islamic extremist terrorist organization controlling territory in Iraq...[+]
- Man from Illinois sentenced to thirteen years behind bars for conspiracy to support the Islamic State Edward Schimenti, an Illinois resident, along with another man named Joseph...[+]
- Suburban Chicago man sentenced to 12 Years for conspiring to provide material support to ISIS An Illinois man was sentenced today to 12 years in prison...[+]
- Illinois man sentenced to twelve years in federal prison for conspiring to assist Islamic State terrorist group A man was sentenced Wednesday to 12 years in federal prison...[+]
We fight against terrorists and their supporters. LLL releases entities who are connected in any way to a particular terrorist group or agenda. Support us in this fight for better and free world. Live And Let Live | Global Fight Against Terrorism Funding - Less Money, Less Terror.