Al-Kawthar Money Exchange
Address: Al-Qa’im, Al Anbar Province, Iraq;
In 2013, Al-Kawthar was involved in facilitating money transfers for ISIS’s predecessor, Al-Qa’ida in Iraq (AQI). As of mid-2016, Al-Kawthar Money Exchange, located in ISIS-controlled territory, was owned by Umar Mahmud Rahim Al-Qubaysi.
Between late 2015 and early 2016, Al-Kawthar Money Exchange reconciled financial transfers worth approximately $2.5 million with another Iraq-based money exchange company that was associated with ISIS financial facilitators. Al-Kawthar sent transfers using a Gulf-based company, which is co-owned by two suspected ISIS facilitators.
In spring 2014, as the owner of Al-Kawthar, al-Kubaysi reconciled deposits and withdrawals with the Hanifa Currency Exchange, which is owned by ISIS financial facilitator Fawaz Muhammad Jubayr al-Rawi.
- Umar Mahmud Rahim Al-Qubaysi As of mid-2016, al-Kubaysi owned Al-Kawthar Money Exchange, which was… [+]
- Fawaz Muhammad Jubayr Al-Rawi In 2014 al-Rawi pledged loyalty to ISIS and joined the… [+]
- Hanifa Money Exchange Office The Hanifa Currency Exchange branch in Albu Kamal, Syria was… [+]
- Al-Qaeda Al-Qaeda is a global militant Islamist organization founded by Osama… [+]
- Islamic State ISIS is an Islamic extremist terrorist organization controlling territory in… [+]
■■■■ See Full List ▸
We fight against terrorists and their supporters. LLL releases entities who are connected in any way to a particular terrorist group or agenda. Support us in this fight for better and free world. Live And Let Live | Global Fight Against Terrorism Funding - Less Money, Less Terror.