Iyad Nazmi Salih Khalil
Born: 01 January 1974 to 31 December 1974;
Place of Birth: Syria;
Passport: 286062 (Jordan) issued 05 April 1999 expires 04 April 2004; alt. 654781 (Jordan) issued 01 January 2008 to 31 December 2010;
Khalil was originally sent to Syria with six other individuals in 2011 by former al-Qa’ida in Iraq (AQI) official and current ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi to establish what would eventually become al-Nusrah Front (ANF). Prior to his involvement with ANF, Khalil joined AQI in the mid-2000s, and remained close to AQI’s former head Abu-Musa’b al-Zarqawi until Zarqawi’s death in 2006.
As of early 2016, Khalil was ANF’s third highest-ranking official and appointed as the group’s emir for Syria’s coastal area by ANF emir and Designated Terrorist Abu-Muhammad al-Jawlani. As a senior ANF official, Khalil took part in discussions among the group’s senior leadership regarding ANF’s overall strategy and the feasibility of establishing an emirate in Idlib, Syria.
For at least two years prior to being appointed emir for Syria’s coastal area, Khalil served as ANF emir of Dar’a, Syria. Under his leadership, he empowered ANF’s security and intelligence operatives responsible for assassinations, ran prisons notorious for torture, and encouraged the looting of vehicles and possessions of Free Syrian Army members.
- Bassam Ahmad al-Hasri Al-Hasri has longstanding ties to al-Qa'ida, and was released in… [+]
- Abu Musab al-Zarqawi Zarqawi is reported as having been a high school dropout… [+]
- Abu-Muhammad al-Jawlani After his release from Camp Bucca prison in 2008, al-Julani… [+]
- Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi On 29 June 2014, ISIL announced the establishment of a… [+]
- Al-Nusra Front Al-Nusra Front is a branch of al-Qaeda operating in Syria… [+]
■■■■ See Full List ▸
We fight against terrorists and their supporters. LLL releases entities who are connected in any way to a particular terrorist group or agenda. Support us in this fight for better and free world. Live And Let Live | Global Fight Against Terrorism Funding - Less Money, Less Terror.