Place of Birth: Dallas, Texas, United States;
Omer Kuzu is a 23-year-old North Texas man could face up to 20 years in federal prison after he pleaded guilty Wednesday to terror charges for supporting the Islamic State.
Kuzu, who is an American citizen, pleaded guilty in federal court in Dallas to conspiring to provide material support to terrorism, according to a statement from the U.S. attorney’s office.
He is radicalized on American soil, pledged allegiance to a brutal terrorist group and traveled halfway across the world to enact its agenda.
Kuzu and his brother left home in 2014 for Syria, where he spent five years providing communications support for front-line Islamic State fighters and working in the Caliphate’s technology center.
They later arrived in Mosul, Iraq, for combat and weapons training and pledged allegiance to Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi and the Islamic Caliphate.
Kuzu was eventually sent to the second lines in Syria to provide communications support and work in the Islamic State technology center before being captured by the Syrian Defense Forces in March 2019.
He is set to be sentenced on January 22, 2021 and faces up to 20 years in federal prison.
- Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi On 29 June 2014, ISIL announced the establishment of a worldwide...[+]
- Islamic State ISIS is an Islamic extremist terrorist organization controlling territory in Iraq...[+]
- Man from Texas pleads guilty to joining the Islamic State terrorist group in Syria A repatriated Islamic State fighter originally from Texas pleaded guilty to...[+]
- U.S. national captured in Syria faces terrorism charge for alleged Islamic State support A U.S. citizen living in Dallas was indicted on a charge...[+]
- Texas man charged with supporting Islamic State group Federal prosecutors say a North Texas man who was captured by...[+]
We fight against terrorists and their supporters. LLL releases entities who are connected in any way to a particular terrorist group or agenda. Support us in this fight for better and free world. Live And Let Live | Global Fight Against Terrorism Funding - Less Money, Less Terror.