Born: August 16, 1992;
Place of Birth: Malmö, Sweden;
Osama Krayem, also known as Naïm or Naim al Hamed, is a Swedish national of Syrian origin and a suspected terrorist involved in the 2016 Brussels bombings. He was one of five men arrested on 8 April 2016 by the Belgian police.
Krayem was born in 1992 in Malmö, Sweden to Palestinian immigrants from Syria and grew up in Rosengård, Malmö Municipality. At eleven years old, he participated in the 2005 documentary “Utan gränser – en film om idrott och integration” (Without Borders – A Film About Sports and Integration), a film described by Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet as “a documentary on how to succeed with integration” of migrants into Swedish society.
Krayem is thought to have been radicalized in his early twenties, frequently watching videos by Anwar al-Awlaki, an American and Yemeni imam and Islamic lecturer and alleged senior recruiter and motivator involved in planning terrorist operations for the Islamist militant group al-Qaeda.
Krayem also reportedly tried to recruit other Arab Swedish youth to join the fight in Syria. Until he was arrested in Brussels on 8 April 2016, he was one of Europe’s most wanted fugitives, considered to be a hardened operative of the Islamic State.
The Wall Street Journal reported that on 20 April 2016 that Belgian authorities spelled the subject’s first name as “Ossama,” where previously it had been publicised as “Osama.” His detention was extended by one month on the same day.
- Al-Qaeda Al-Qaeda is a global militant Islamist organization founded by Osama bin...[+]
- Islamic State ISIS is an Islamic extremist terrorist organization controlling territory in Iraq...[+]
- Financing of the terror attacks in France France became a more targeted country for Islamic terror in the...[+]
- No respite from the big terrorist threat in Sweden despite the fewer jihadis returning home Sweden, which has produced some of the most jihadis per capita...[+]
- Sweden is home to at least 2,000 ISIS sympathisers and the number is increasing Sweden is home to at least 2,000 ISIL sympathisers who are...[+]
We fight against terrorists and their supporters. LLL releases entities who are connected in any way to a particular terrorist group or agenda. Support us in this fight for better and free world. Live And Let Live | Global Fight Against Terrorism Funding - Less Money, Less Terror.