Born: 01 January 1958; alt. 01 February 1958;
Place of Birth: Sejaiya district, Gaza Strip;
Passport: 265 216 (Egypt);
SSN: 589-17-6824 (United States);
Rank: Secretary General of the Palestinian Islamic Jihad (PIJ);
Address: Damascus, Syria;
Known also as: Dr. Ramadan Abdullah; Dr. Ramadan Abdullah Shallah; Ramadan Abdalla Mohamed Shallah; Ramadan Shalah.
Shallah was a founding members of the PIJ, and since 1995 he has been the Secretary-General and a leader of the group, which is based in Damascus, Syria. As such, he has been involved in a pattern of racketeering activities such as bombings, murders, extortion and money laundering to support the PIJ’s campaign.
Ramadan Abdullah Shallah studied at al-Zaqaziq University in Egypt, and he holds a Ph.D. in banking and economics from the University of Durham, England. Before his work with the PIJ he worked as a university professor in several countries.
In 1990, University of South Florida (USF) professor Sami Al-Arian, the principal leader of PIJ’s activities in North America, brought Shallah to the U.S. to work for his newly created, Tampa-based Muslim think tank, the World Islam & Studies Enterprise (WISE). Shallah served as WISE’s director from 1991-95. During that time, he collaborated with Fathi Shikaki and Khalil Shikaki on several joint projects, including one that involved Hamas political bureau chief Mousa Abu Marzook.
In 1990 and 1991, Shallah spoke at the annual conferences of the Islamic Committee for Palestine (ICP), which was, like its sister organization WISE, a PIJ front group founded by Sami Al-Arian. At the 1990 conference, Shallah delivered a speech calling for a relentless wave of Palestinian “martyrdom” operations against Israeli Jews.
- Hezbollah official Sheikh Naim Qassem stresses close ties with the Palestinian resistance Led by Hezbollah second-in-command, Sheikh Naim Qassem, the delegation expressed… [+]
- Palestinian Islamic Jihad leader Shalah buried in Syria The former head of the Palestinian Islamic Jihad movement was… [+]
- Former Palestinian Islamic Jihad leader and wanted terrorist Ramadan Shalah dies after years in coma Ramadan Shalah, who headed the Palestinian Islamic Jihad militant organization… [+]
- Ziyad al-Nakhalah Born in 1953 in Gaza, Al-Nakhala is the leader of… [+]
- Abd Al Aziz Awda Abd Al Aziz Awda, also known as Abd al-Aziz Uda… [+]
■■■■ See Full List ▸
We fight against terrorists and their supporters. LLL releases entities who are connected in any way to a particular terrorist group or agenda. Support us in this fight for better and free world. Live And Let Live | Global Fight Against Terrorism Funding - Less Money, Less Terror.