Sydney woman charged on terror charges after allegedly misusing a mobile phone
Article RadarTHIS ARTICLE CONNECT:
- Sameh Bayda Sameh Bayda is a Sydney man convicted of plotting a terrorist...[+]
- Alo-Bridget Namoa Alo-Bridget Namoa is a Sydney woman convicted of plotting a terror...[+]
- Islamic State ISIS is an Islamic extremist terrorist organization controlling territory in Iraq...[+]
Affected Countries: australia;
Jihadi bride Alo-Bridget Namoa has been charged for allegedly breaching her control order which was designed to keep the community safe.
The 23-year-old woman from Western Sydney was arrested on Saturday after she allegedly broke restrictions placed upon her movements and activities.
Namoa was released from prison in December after being convicted for intending to commit 2015 a terrorist attack on New Year’s Eve with her ex-partner Sameh Bayda.
The AFP’s high-risk offenders unit claim she misused a permitted mobile phone, but say there is no specific terror threat.
It is understood the breach is in relation to the use of WhatsApp on an AFP-sanctioned phone.
She is expected to front the Parramatta Court on Sunday.
The original control order was issued in relation to terror charges and any breach of the restrictions could result in a prison term of up to five years.
The AFP said no specific and impending threat to the community had been identified in relation to the misuse of the personal phone.
“Anyone with information about extremist activity or possible threats to the community should come forward, no matter how small or insignificant you think that information may be,” it said in a statement.
Source: News AU