ISIS terrorist group claims responsibility for the deadly attack Anbar
The Islamic State (IS) has claimed responsibility for the suicide car bomb which hit a checkpoint of Iraqi forces earlier on Wednesday in the western province of Anbar, group’s Amaq News Agency said.
The attack killed at least eight Iraqi armed forces and wounded 16 others, a security source told Xinhua.
Iraqi soldiers and Sunni tribal forces were jointly controlling the checkpoint when the explosive-laden car was driven into the location.
However, the IS has claimed that 28 Iraqi forces were killed during the attack.