ISIS terrorists executed three civilians in Anbar
Suspected ISIS terrorists have shot dead three Iraqi civilians in the western Anbar province, according to a local official on Monday.
“The three were found by security forces in the desert west of Haditha district with gunshot wounds to the heads,” Khaled Salman, the head of the Haditha Local Council, told Anadolu Agency.
He said the three civilians had been killed while harvesting truffles in the area.
Though no group has yet claimed responsibility for the attack, Iraqi authorities usually blame the Daesh terrorist group for that kind of attacks.
In the summer of 2014, ISIS overran much of northern and western Iraq.
After a three-year war, the Iraqi government declared late in 2017 that Daesh’s military presence in Iraq had been all but ended through operations backed by a U.S.-led international alliance.
Source: Yeni Safak