Born: 30 December 1960;
Place of Birth: Okara, Pakistan;
National ID No.: 61101-9618232-1 (Pakistan);
1. Barahkoh, P.O. DO, Tehsil and District Islamabad, Pakistan;
2. Chak No. 18/IL, Rinala Khurd, Tehsil Rinala Khurd, District Okara, Pakistan;
Lakhavi is a top leader of Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) and currently serves as Supreme Commander of operations in Kashmir and as a member of LeT’s General Council.
In 1999, he explained the reason for fidayeen suicide squad missions in the aftermath of the Kargil War: “After the Pakistani withdrawal from Kargil and the Nawaz-Clinton statement in Washington, it was important to boost the morale of the Kashmiri people. These Fidayen missions were initiated to teach India a lesson as they were celebrating after the Kargil war.” He said that the next target would be New Delhi.
In 2006, he asked LeT’s members to begin training operatives for suicide bombings. In the past, he told operatives to mount attacks in well-populated areas.
Indian officials claim Lakhvi also oversaw Azam Cheema, who has been accused of being a leader in the 2006 bombing of the Mumbai rail network that killed more than 200 and left 700 injured.
- Ahmed Yaqub As of 2011, Yaqub was the head of LET's maritime… [+]
- Muhammad Ijaz Safarash Safarash has funded and provided logistical support to Lashkar-e-Tayyiba (LT).… [+]
- Sajjid Mir Mir, also known as Sajid Majid Chuhdri, has been a… [+]
- Azam Cheema Azam is reported to have been involved in the July… [+]
- Lashkar-e-Taiba Lashkar-e-Taiba is one of the largest and most active terrorist… [+]
■■■■ See Full List ▸
We fight against terrorists and their supporters. LLL releases entities who are connected in any way to a particular terrorist group or agenda. Support us in this fight for better and free world. Live And Let Live | Global Fight Against Terrorism Funding - Less Money, Less Terror.