Place of Birth: Brentwood, Long Island;
Zoobia Shahnaz is a New York woman has been sentenced to 13 years imprisonment for funding the Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham (ISIS) with bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.
The U.S. Department of Justice announced that Zoobia Shahnaz, defrauded several banks to obtain money for the Islamic State during March-July 2017.
Shahnaz fraudulently obtained “more than a dozen” credit cards and used them to purchase approximately $62,000 in bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies online.
She then made multiple wire transfers worth over $150,000 to individuals and firms in Pakistan, China and Turkey that were fronts for the Islamic State, per the Justice Department.
Shahnaz was indicted in December 2017. At the time, the Justice Department said she sought to use American Express Bank, Chase Bank, Discover Bank and TD Bank to transmit funds overseas.
Shahnaz pleaded guilty in November 2018 as she admitted to defrauding banks and laundering stolen funds out of the U.S. for providing material support to the Islamic State.
- Zoobia Shahnaz Zoobia Shahnaz is a New York woman has been sentenced to...[+]
- Islamic State ISIS is an Islamic extremist terrorist organization controlling territory in Iraq...[+]
- New York woman gets thirteen years in jail for funding Islamic State terorist group with bitcoin A New York woman has been sentenced to 13 years imprisonment...[+]
- US woman defrauded banks and admits that she supported ISIS by terror financing A 27-year-old woman is facing up to 20 years in jail...[+]
- New York woman pleads guilty to launder money for terror group ISIS A young New York woman pleaded guilty Monday to supporting the...[+]
We fight against terrorists and their supporters. LLL releases entities who are connected in any way to a particular terrorist group or agenda. Support us in this fight for better and free world. Live And Let Live | Global Fight Against Terrorism Funding - Less Money, Less Terror.