Khalid Sheikh Mohammed
Born: 1 March 1964;
Place of Birth: Balochistan, Pakistan;
At age sixteen, Khalid joined the Muslim Brotherhood. In 1987 he went to Peshawar, Pakistan, where he and his brothers, joined the mujahideen forces engaged in the Soviet war in Afghanistan. He attended the Sada training camp run by Sheikh Abdallah Azzam, and after that he worked for the magazine al-Bunyan al-Marsous, produced by Sayyaf’s rebel group, the Islamic Union for the Liberation of Afghanistan.
Sheikh Mohammed was a member of Osama bin Laden’s al-Qaeda organization, leading al-Qaeda’s propaganda operations from around 1999 until late 2001. Mohammed confessed to masterminding the 11 September attacks, the Richard Reid shoe bombing attempt to blow up an airliner (this marked the first time Khalid took part in the actual planning of a terrorist operation), the Bali nightclub bombing in Indonesia, the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, the murder of Daniel Pearl, and various foiled attacks, as well as numerous other crimes.
- Ahmed Omar Saeed Sheikh Ahmed Omar Saeed Sheikh (sometimes known as Umar Sheikh, Sheikh… [+]
- Mahfouz Ould al-Walid Mahfouz Ould al-Walid (also known as Abu Hafs al-Mauritani) is… [+]
- Sulaiman Abu Ghaith Sulaiman Abu Ghaith is a stateless Arab regarded as one… [+]
- Ramzi Yousef Ramzi Yousef is a convicted and incarcerated international terrorist who… [+]
- Totally crazy facts about the Al-Qaeda terrorist group Founded in Pakistan by Osama bin Laden, Al-Qaeda has become… [+]
■■■■ See Full List ▸
We fight against terrorists and their supporters. LLL releases entities who are connected in any way to a particular terrorist group or agenda. Support us in this fight for better and free world. Live And Let Live | Global Fight Against Terrorism Funding - Less Money, Less Terror.