Place of Birth: Sudan;
Nationality: Sudanese, British;
Ahmed Alsyed is a would-be jihadist who trained for terror attacks and planned to join the Islamic State. He was handed early release from prison despite the Government objections.
Parole chiefs cleared Islamic State conscript Ahmed Alsyed, to be let out of jail less than two years into his sentence after planning to travel to Syria to join the terrorist group.
The decision was made in November, 19 months after Sudan-born Alsyed was convicted of offences of engaging in conduct in preparation of terrorist acts, possession of information relating to terrorist offences, and dissemination of a terrorist publication.
Alsyed was released shortly before the London Bridge atrocity in which two people were killed by Usman Khan, and the Streatham stabbing committed by Sudesh Amman – both also released early.
Justice Secretary Robert Buckland argued that the parole panel had not carried out suitable risk assessments to ensure public safety. He added that they had not taken Alsyed’s ‘deceptive behaviour’ into account.
But the appeal to the Parole Board of England and Wales was denied on December 30, just four weeks after the horrendous London Bridge attack. Sudan-born extremist Alsyed, from Hounslow, west London, and his brother Yousef used paintballing sessions to build their strength and target practice.
The brothers’ terror plan was foiled when the younger of the two was referred to police by his school. Both were arrested at Heathrow Airport in August 2016. Both admitted engaging in conduct in preparation of acts of terrorism at Woolwich Crown Court. Alsyed was handed his sentence in April 2018.
Alsyed had sent secret messages to Yousef, revealing plans to fight or die fighting for fellow religious extremists, even sharing videos of beheadings.
Alsyed is one of 74 convicted terrorists let out on licence in the United Kingdom under an automatic early release scheme. He was released 11 months after London Bridge attacker Usman Khan and two months after Streatham terrorist Sudesh Amman were automatically released.
- Yousif Alsyed Yousif Alsyed is an Islamic State sympathiser who sent an encrypted...[+]
- Sudesh Mamoor Faraz Amman Sudesh Mamoor Faraz Amman was the terrorist who was strapped with...[+]
- Usman Khan Usman Khan is the London Bridge attacker who killed two persons...[+]
- Jihadi who trained for terror attacks and planned to join Islamic State freed 19 months into his prison sentence A would-be jihadist who trained for terror attacks and planned to...[+]
- Two brothers wanted to join ISIS trained by going paintballing but one was scared to become terrorist Two brothers who wanted to join ISIS in Syria trained by...[+]
- Group of teenage jihadis who prepared to fight for ISIS with paintball were arrested after school tip-off A group of teenage jihadists who planned to travel to Syria...[+]
We fight against terrorists and their supporters. LLL releases entities who are connected in any way to a particular terrorist group or agenda. Support us in this fight for better and free world. Live And Let Live | Global Fight Against Terrorism Funding - Less Money, Less Terror.