Al-Haramain Islamic Foundation
Headquarters: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia;
Old webpage: www.alharamain.org;
Al-Haramain Islamic Foundation (AHF) was a charity foundation, based in Saudi Arabia.
It was designated for having provided financial and material support to al Qaeda, as well as a wide range of designated terrorists and terrorist organizations.
In 2004, the founder and former leader of AHIF, Aqeel Abdulaziz Aqeel al-Aqeel, was listed on a Interpol-United Nations Security Council Special Notice for being associated with Al-Qaeda, Osama bin Laden or the Taliban for “participating in the financing, planning, facilitating, preparing or perpetrating of acts of activities by, in conjunction with, under the name of, on behalf or in support of” Al-Qaeda.
In September 2004, the U.S. Department of the Treasury alleged that its investigation had found direct links between the foundation and Osama bin Laden.
Between 2002-2004, the United States designated thirteen AHF branch offices operating in Afghanistan, Albania, Bangladesh, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Comoros Islands, Ethiopia, Indonesia, Kenya, Netherlands, Pakistan, Somalia, Tanzania, and the United States.
It was liquidated in 2004. At the time of its closing, AHIF had been operating in 50 countries and employed 5,000 workers.
- Osama Bin Laden Osama was the founder of al-Qaeda in 1988. This organization… [+]
- Al-Haramain Islamic Foundation: Union of the Comoros AHF's branch in Comoros presented itself as a private, charitable… [+]
- Aqeel Abdulaziz Aqeel al-Aqeel He was designated for providing financial and material support to… [+]
- Al-Haramain Foundation: United States Branch On 9 September 2004 Treasury announced the designation of the… [+]
- Taliban The Taliban , alternatively spelled Taleban, is an Islamic fundamentalist… [+]
■■■■ See Full List ▸
We fight against terrorists and their supporters. LLL releases entities who are connected in any way to a particular terrorist group or agenda. Support us in this fight for better and free world. Live And Let Live | Global Fight Against Terrorism Funding - Less Money, Less Terror.