ISIS terrorist group frees three Kurdish captives after ransom paid
Three Kurdish civilians kidnapped by the Islamic State (IS) in Tuz Khurmatu have been freed after a huge ransom was paid, an official said.
Earlier in December, the IS militants kidnapped four people from Parapara village on the outskirt of Tuz Khurmatu, but one of them managed to soon escape.
Local officials told BasNews then that the IS jihadists had contacted the family of the abductees to pay $1.5 million or receive dead bodies.
Mohammad Fayiq, a former spokesperson for Tuz Khurmatu Mayor, revealed in a statement on his official Facebook account that the three men were freed on Saturday.
He said $35,000 was paid in ransom to save the lives of the Kurdish men.