Al-Muhajiroun is a banned extremist Salafi jihadist terrorist organisation that was based in the United Kingdom and which has been linked to international terrorism, homophobia and antisemitism.
The group operated in the United Kingdom from 14 January 1986 until the British Government announced an intended ban in August 2005.
Al Muhajiroun was established by Omar Bakri Mohammed. Anjem Choudary was the leader and a former member of Al-Muhajiroun.
The group became notorious for its September 2002 conference, “The Magnificent 19”, praising the September 11, 2001 attacks.
Ahlus Sunnah wal Jamaah is a Sunni Islamic organisation (operating in the United Kingdom), intended to be a successor to the banned Al-Muhajiroun. The group mutates periodically so as to evade the law, by operating under different aliases.
It was proscribed under the UK Terrorism Act 2000 on 14 January 2010 together with four other organisations including Islam4UK, and again in 2014 as “Need4Khilafah”.
Al-Muhajiroun’s proclaimed aims are to establish public awareness about Islam, to influence public opinion in favour of the sharia, to convince members of society that Islam is inherently political and a viable ideological alternative, to unite Muslims on a global scale in the threats facing the Ummah and to resume the Islamic way of life by re-establishing the Islamic Caliphate.
- Anonyme Consultez notre témoignage personnel et personnel exclusif du membre du… [+]
- Teacher banned from classroom for funding Islamic State terror suspect and hate groups Miriam Sebbagh sent money to a person connected to Al-Muhajiroun… [+]
- Member of banned UK Islamist group breached terror prevention order by meeting woman for sex A member of an Islamist group banned in the UK… [+]
- Abu Haleema Shakil Chapra (better known by his kunya Abu Haleema), is… [+]
- Man from Wigan downloaded terrorist material despite previous police warning Liam Fenn, 21, from Wigan,was referred to the Government’s counter-terror… [+]
- Liam Fenn Liam Fenn of Harrow Place, Wigan, is accused of having… [+]
■■■■ See Full List ▸