Abdullah Ramo Pazara
Place of Birth: Bosnia and Herzegovina;
Abdullah Ramo Pazara was a Bosnian-American who was suspected of an association with the Islamic State terrorist group.
He was born a member of Bosnia’s Muslim majority, near Teslic an area of Bosnia largely populated by Bosnian-Serbs. He was a youth during the brutal civil war that lead to Bosnia’s independence from Yugoslavia.
Pazara became an American citizen. The U.S. intelligence officials describe him becoming radicalized, after he became an American citizen, and then traveled to Syria in July 2013, and volunteered to fight for the Islamic State.
However, according to the St Louis Post-Dispatch, Pazara was not naturalized until 2013. They described how he may have died there, but not before rising to a command position, and leading six other American Islamic State followers to transfer funds to the terrorist group.
Ramiz Zijad Hodzic, Sedina Unkic Hodzic, Medy Salkicevic, Jasminka Ramic, Armin Harcevic, and Nihad Rosic are the six individuals described as his conspirators, all faced terrorism charges on February 7, 2015. They too were all immigrants from Bosnia.
Pazara’s activities are well-documented in the indictment of the six other Bosnian-Americans who were charged with providing material support to terrorists and one count of conspiracy to provide material support to terrorists.
The support provided by the six consisted of sending money to foreign fighters such as Pazara in amounts ranging from $150 to $1,850.
Ramiz Zijad Hodzic also sent Pazara “U.S. military uniforms, tactical clothes and gear, combat boots, military surplus supplies and other items from businesses in St. Louis” in August 2013 via the U.S. Postal Service.
The three boxes of items were first sent to Istanbul, Turkey, and later distributed to foreign fighters including Pazara in Iraq and Syria.
- Jasminka Ramic Jasminka Ramic is a Chicago-area Bosnian immigrant who has been charged...[+]
- Armin Harcevic Missouri-based Armin Harcevic is a Bosnian immigrant and suspected facilitator for...[+]
- Ramiz Zijad Hodzic Ramiz Zijad Hodzic is a Bosnian immigrant and alleged financier and...[+]
- Man from Missouri pleads guilty for aiding Islamic State terror activities A New York man has become the fifth person to plead...[+]
- Missouri man from Bosnia who aided the Islamic State gets eight-years in prison and faces deportation A Missouri man who came to the U.S. from Bosnia was...[+]
- St. Louis County woman admits helping terrorist in Syria A 39-year-old St. Louis County woman pleaded guilty to providing material...[+]
We fight against terrorists and their supporters. LLL releases entities who are connected in any way to a particular terrorist group or agenda. Support us in this fight for better and free world. Live And Let Live | Global Fight Against Terrorism Funding - Less Money, Less Terror.