Abu Khalid al-Suri
Place of Birth: Aleppo, Syria;
Birth name: Mohamed al-Bahaiya;
Al-Suri’s jihadist career has its roots in the failed Islamist uprising in Syria between 1979 and 1982, following which he fled Syria.
In the 1990s he coordinated closely with Abu Musab al-Suri, a Spanish-Syrian jihadist. Together they worked to establish jihadi volunteer centers, training camps and various media groups in Afghanistan. While both men worked closely with Bin Laden and al-Qaeda, they clearly denied being members of the group during an issued a statement in 1999. Around the time of the statement, Abu Khalid had been operating mostly out of Turkey and fled to Afghanistan.
In 2004, he and Abu Musab were linked to the 2004 Madrid bombing through a series of money transfers and personal contacts. A Spanish court document went on to name Abu Khalid as Bin Laden’s “courier” in Europe. Another report refers to him as “a mid-level” activist, and a “member of Osama bin Laden’s structures in Europe”.
Abu Khalid was financially aided partly by Abd Al-Rahman al-Nuaimi, a Qatari national. Nuaimi is a purported human rights activist and co-founder of Alkarama. The designated terrorist Nuaimi, was accused of transferring $600,000 dollars to Abu Khalid and the intent to transfer approximately $50,000 more.
- Mustafa Setmariam Nasar Abu Musab al-Suri, born Mustafa bin Abd al-Qadir Setmariam Nasar… [+]
- Osama Bin Laden Osama was the founder of al-Qaeda in 1988. This organization… [+]
- Al-Qaeda Al-Qaeda is a global militant Islamist organization founded by Osama… [+]
- Alkarama for Human Rights Alkarama lobbies on behalf of Islamist detainees around the world,… [+]
- Abd al-Rahman bin Umayr al-Nu’aymi US Treasury Department Specially Designated Global Terrorist (December 2013) he… [+]
■■■■ See Full List ▸
We fight against terrorists and their supporters. LLL releases entities who are connected in any way to a particular terrorist group or agenda. Support us in this fight for better and free world. Live And Let Live | Global Fight Against Terrorism Funding - Less Money, Less Terror.