Born: 11 March 1957;
Place of Birth: Qom, Iran;
Passport: 1999 Diplomatic Passport 008827 (Iran);
Known also as: Ghasem Soleymani; Qasmi Sulayman; Qasem Soleymani; Qasem Solaimani; Qasem Salimani; Qasem Solemani; Qasem Sulaimani; Qasem Sulemani; Persian: قاسم سلیمانی).
Soleimani is an Iranian Major General in the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) and since 1998 commander of its Quds Force – a division primarily responsible for extraterritorial military and clandestine operations.
On November 13, 2018, the United States sanctioned an Iraqi military leader named Shibl Muhsin ‘Ubayd Al-Zaydi and others who allegedly were acting on Qasem Soleimani’s behalf in financing military actions in Syria or otherwise providing support for terrorism in the region.
The IRGC-QF is the Government of Iran’s primary foreign action arm for executing its policy of supporting terrorist organizations and extremist groups around the world. The IRGC-QF provides training, logistical assistance and material and financial support to militants and terrorist operatives, including the Taliban, Lebanese Hizballah, Hamas, Palestinian Islamic Jihad and the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine-General Command.
- Amin Sherri As a Hizballah Member of Parliament, Sherri serves as an… [+]
- Arkam Abbas Al-Kabi Harakat Al-Nujaba (HAN) (established in 2013 by al-Kabi) is an… [+]
- Shibl Muhsin ‘Ubayd Al-Zaydi Al-Zaydi has served as a financial coordinator between the IRGC-QF… [+]
- Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps The Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) is a branch of… [+]
- Taliban The Taliban , alternatively spelled Taleban, is an Islamic fundamentalist… [+]
■■■■ See Full List ▸
We fight against terrorists and their supporters. LLL releases entities who are connected in any way to a particular terrorist group or agenda. Support us in this fight for better and free world. Live And Let Live | Global Fight Against Terrorism Funding - Less Money, Less Terror.