Born: 11 March 1957;
Place of Birth: Qom, Iran;
Died: 02 January 2020 (by US air strike in Baghdad, Iraq);
Passport: 1999 Diplomatic Passport 008827 (Iran);
Known also as: Ghasem Soleymani; Qasmi Sulayman; Qasem Soleymani; Qasem Solaimani; Qasem Salimani; Qasem Solemani; Qasem Sulaimani; Qasem Sulemani; Persian: قاسم سلیمانی).
Soleimani was an Iranian Major General in the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) and since 1998 commander of its Quds Force – a division primarily responsible for extraterritorial military and clandestine operations.
Following Soleimani’s death, his deputy Esmail Ghaani became his successor.
On November 13, 2018, the United States sanctioned an Iraqi military leader named Shibl Muhsin ‘Ubayd Al-Zaydi and others who allegedly were acting on Qasem Soleimani’s behalf in financing military actions in Syria or otherwise providing support for terrorism in the region.
The IRGC-QF is the Government of Iran’s primary foreign action arm for executing its policy of supporting terrorist organizations and extremist groups around the world. The IRGC-QF provides training, logistical assistance and material and financial support to militants and terrorist operatives, including the Taliban, Lebanese Hizballah, Hamas, Palestinian Islamic Jihad and the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine-General Command.
- Hadi al-Amiri Born in the Diyala province in 1956, Hadi al-Amiri is the...[+]
- Esmail Ghaani Ghaani joined the Guard a year after the 1979 revolution. He...[+]
- Popular Mobilization Forces The Popular Mobilization Forces (PMF), also known as the People's Mobilization...[+]
- Senior Hamas official describes receiving $22M in cash from Iran’s Qassem Soleimani Senior Hamas official Mahmoud al-Zahar said in a recent interview that...[+]
- Hamas official revealed details how Soleimani handed him cash-filled suitcases A senior leader of the Palestinian Hamas movement has offered an...[+]
- Leaked document reveals plan to target US army base in Iraq A classified document has revealed a plan to target a US...[+]
We fight against terrorists and their supporters. LLL releases entities who are connected in any way to a particular terrorist group or agenda. Support us in this fight for better and free world. Live And Let Live | Global Fight Against Terrorism Funding - Less Money, Less Terror.